Navigating the diagnosis and progression of Alzheimer’s Disease or another dementia can be overwhelming to patients and their caregivers.
Health care team members in the outpatient/inpatient setting who provide care to patients with Alzheimer’s Disease and other dementias.
Health care team members when considering discharge plans for patients with dementia retuning to the community with caregivers (e.g., from acute care settings, long term care settings).
Connect patients, their families, and their caregivers to disease education, support services and local community resources provided at no cost by the Alzheimer’s Association.
The Direct Connect form for the state of Wisconsin can be found here
Support dementia patients and their caregivers by connecting them to the Alzheimer’s Association, who can then connect them to community resources.
1) FAQs Regarding Alzheimer’s Association Direct Connect Referral Program. Alzheimer’s Association. FAQs-Direct-Connect-Referral-Program_revised_9_24_2019-(1).pdf (alz.org)
2) Alzheimer's Association. 2021 Alzheimer's Disease Facts and Figures. Alzheimers Dement 2021;17(3)
3) Chang CH, Ming Y, Chang TH, Yen YY, Lan SJ. The Needs and Utilization of Long-Term Care Service Resources by Dementia Family Caregivers and the Affecting Factors. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2020 Aug 18;17(16):6009. doi: 10.3390/ijerph17166009. PMID: 32824871; PMCID: PMC7460079.
4) Thomas P, Lalloué F, Preux PM, Hazif-Thomas C, Pariel S, Inscale R, Belmin J, Clément JP. Dementia patients caregivers quality of life: the PIXEL study. Int J Geriatr Psychiatry. 2006 Jan;21(1):50-6. doi: 10.1002/gps.1422. PMID: 16323256.
5) Hodgson NA, Petrovsky DV, Finegan K, Kallmyer BA, Pike J, Fazio S. One call makes a difference: An evaluation of the Alzheimer's Association National Helpline on dementia caregiver outcomes. Patient Educ Couns. 2021 Apr;104(4):896-902. doi: 10.1016/j.pec.2020.09.026. Epub 2020 Sep 23. PMID: 33004235.
6) Crous-Bou M, Minguillón C, Gramunt N, Molinuevo JL. Alzheimer's disease prevention: from risk factors to early intervention. Alzheimers Res Ther. 2017 Sep 12;9(1):71. doi: 10.1186/s13195-017-0297-z. PMID: 28899416; PMCID: PMC5596480.