Identify and define the options for geriatric living and associated levels of care.
Geriatrics Outpatient Medical Care
Identify which geriatrics long term care options(s) would be most beneficial for individual patients.
1. List and describe available outpatient geriatrics care services
- Counsell SR. Outpatient care systems. Geriatric Review Syllabus. 2013;1-7.
- Counsell SR, Callahan CM, Tu W, Stump TE, Arling GW. Cost analysis of the geriatric resources for assessment and care of elders care management intervention. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2009; 57(8): 1420-1426.
- United States Census Bureau 2012. http://quickfacts.census.gov
- Jones AL, Dwyer LL, Bercovitz AR, Strahan GW. The National Nursing Home Survey: 2004 overview. National Center for Health Statistics. Vital Health Stat 13(167). 2009.
- Caffrey C, Sengupta M, Park-Lee E, Moss A, Rosenoff E, Harris-Kojetin L. Residents living in residential care facilities: United States, 2010. NCHS Data Brief. 2012 (91):1-8.
Disclaimer: Geriatric Fast Facts are for informational, educational and research purposes only. Geriatric Fast Facts are not, nor are they intended to be, medical advice. Health care providers should exercise their own independent clinical judgment when diagnosing and treating patients. Some Geriatric Fast Facts cite the use of a product in a dosage, for an indication, or in a manner other than that recommended in the product labeling. Accordingly, the official prescribing information should be consulted before any such product is used.